Being appreciated: was work in Alabama

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:07:42 -0400

Friends,

Two years ago after tuning a middle school's pianos I wrote to the
powers that be saying the pianos needed $600 worth of extra work.  I was
surprised that a year ago I actually got a purchase order for the work!

And last year I wrote to an elementary school saying that the pianos
needed up to $1,200 worth of work.  When I called this month the
principal said, "Yes, I put money in the budget for that so just go
ahead and do it."

This surprises and delights me so much!  It happens so rarely.  These
pianos have been neglected for so long, and when I got these accounts I
did just basic tunings and repairs for a couple years.  I am glad they
are willing to do the needed work, and for the going rate at that!  (I
don't discount for schools or anyone else -- too much work out there.)
I get the feeling they like me.  (Awfully close to bragging, I know.)
:-(

Regards, Clyde