Being appreciated: was work in Alabama

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:38:37 -0500

> Two years ago after tuning a middle school's pianos I wrote to the powers
> that be saying the pianos needed $600 worth of extra work.  I was surprised
> that a year ago I actually got a purchase order for the work!

Hi Clyde,
It's happened to me a couple of times this year. A few lucky pianos in two
different colleges got some work they had needed for many many years. One of
the colleges called me early this summer. They had miraculously found
themselves with $1700 (I can't imagine how) that they needed to find a way to
spend before the end of their fiscal year in two weeks. Good trick. I reeled
off from memory, some of the lesser projects on hold for funding, including a
couple of Hamilton butt and catcher jobs, and we mixed and matched, applied
moderate discounts for multiple jobs with minimal travel time, and I billed
them the $1700 when I picked up actions, benches, etc. Worked out great. We all
were relieved of a stack of annoyances that we had been discussing for YEARS,
they won their financial roulette game, and I made some bucks. Now if they
could come up with a few multiples of $17000, we could get some of those old
dead M&H As rebuilt. Maybe next year, right?

Ron N