Keyes

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:48:46 -0700

Hi w peterson,
In this state (Washington)  it is illegal to have a slim Jim.  So, of
course, they aren't sold in the local hardware store.  Where are you, and by
the way, what is your name?

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Techncians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
w peterson
  Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 4:59 PM
  To: Pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Keyes

       The Auto Club in most areas will open your car.  They sometimes have
a guy that cuts plastic keys thin enough to keep in your wallet.  Most
locksmiths also have these keys.  You can also buy a slim jim at many
hardware stores.  If you have a car with electric locks you must be taught
how to use the slim jim or you are in worse trouble than before.  I keep a
slim jim under my spare tire cover.
       You can buy a lock box for around 20$ and have your customer hang it
on their door when they cannot be home.  I have several customers that I do
this with.  You can also sell them to churches and schools as there is a
type that can be used as a padlock on some of the fallboard locks.  There is
also a model that can be screwed to a flat surface.

  The Locksmith Lurker.