shimming keyslips

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:44:10 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MBrat70179@AOL.COM=20

  Hello All,=20

  I often run into grand pianos with keys rubbing on the keyslip.  I =
have tried=20
  various methods for repairing the problem, but would like to pick the=20
  collective minds of the fine folks on this list.=20
        =20
             =20
            Mike,=20
              This works on the slips that screw in from the bottom of =
the keybed:     Bend the middle screws a few degrees @ the point above =
the keybed. I do this with vicegrips and pliers then reinsert the screw. =
The slip will rotate as it tightens. Just stop when it is pitched away =
from the keys and tight to the bed. If this doesn't give you enough =
clearance  consult Del's fine post on moving the holes etc.  =20
           Tom Driscoll