Old parts for repair practice

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:40:29 -0500

To: Terry Farell, Delwin Fandrich and others on the list.
I thank you for the suggestions on buying or providing a home for a
give-away piano for practicing repair of parts.  I don't have room in the
home or garage for a piano for this purpose.  My intentions are not to be a
rebuilder with lots of room for this purpose.  I'm studing and practicing
to be a tuner/technician.  I do have a Farrand baby grand piano in the home
which presently doesn't need any time spent on repairs as it falls into the
category of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  I do practice tuning
exercises on this piano.
I'm just looking for a few old parts, which I'll pay for gladly.  Again,
thank you all, your are most supportive in many ways to the beginners.