Old parts for repair practice

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:07:28 -0400

Gordon wrote:
> I'm just looking for a few old parts, which I'll pay for gladly.  Again,
> thank you all, your are most supportive in many ways to the beginners.

Gordon,

>From one beginner to another, you might want to try Randy Potter. He
includes a bag of old parts with his correspondence course on piano tuning
and repair. He might sell you a bag of parts separately. His contact info is
on his website, www.pianotuning.com, but definitely call him rather than
email. (He's often months behind on email, and then you call and he picks up
the phone himself sometimes.) I'd also highly recommend taking his course,
if you haven't already considered it.

Of course, it would be just as easy for anyone to dig up some parts, but
Randy is in the business of piano technology education (among other things),
so I would imagine he'd take interest in your request.

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc.