Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer

MBrat70179@AOL.COM MBrat70179@AOL.COM
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:20:57 EDT

Hi Greg

Thanks for the post.  If I get into refinish jobs I will have foresight.

I do a fair amount of touch-up.  Usually laquer, but some poly.  I know you
are talking more of refinishing, but are there manufacturers out there using
water based products on new instruments?  If so, who are they.  And I don't
know why you don't use wool on water based material.  I do use water when I
rub out laquer.  Is the water disolving the finish?  What gives?

Also, how can I tell when a water based finish has been applied?  I can tell
the difference between poly and laquer, but I don't think I could explain how
I know.

Mike Bratcher