Sherman Clay grand

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:03:34 -0400

Hi Les,

Good for you!  Most of us wouldn't have taken the time or effort to be as
educational and patient as were you.

There are pianos out there that present challenges, acoustically, tonally,
tune-ally and mechanically.  Too often we do what we can with what is there then
leave, not taking the time to elucidate the problems and the way they were met.

We have spent years learning our craft but all can be spoiled by the word of
ignorance and arrogance.

That piano was likely made my Young Chang, Hundyi or Sam Ick.

It never ceases to amaze me that there has been good scaling practices around
for over a hundred years and within the last twenty years computer capabilities
have been available with graphing of most known factors of good scaling
practice.  Why, even today, few factories avail themselves of these wondrous
tools is way beyond my ken.

		Newton