Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer

Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:14:49 -0400

 Hi Terry -

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:01:38 -0400 "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
writes:
> What kind of pressure are you running AT THE GUN?

app. 5.5 - 7 psi, depending on the material, and a rather bewildering set
of 'intangibles' that just might include how Mercury is aligned with
Mars.... hard to tell sometimes.  Whatever works best, of course is the
glib answer.  Believe it or not, to some degree I think I calibrate it to
the way it 'sounds' coming out of the gun.  Sounds like I've been
overcome by fumes, I know, but there IS a certain sssssssssss sound that
ssspellsss ssssuccesssss when ssssspraying.    Actually, probably 80% of
the time I have it set at 5.5 - 6.

> Question for Greg and Mark. When spraying a piano lid, do you hang
> the lid vertically and spray both sides at once, or do you lay it
horizontal
> and spray one side at a time.

Horizontal.  I'm not in that big a hurry.

>If you lay it horizontal, how long do you  wait before flipping it over?

At least 3 days, sometimes as much as 7 if I'm busy with outside work.

>If horizontal, do you put all your coats on
> one side, and then start coating the other side?

Yes.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com