Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:05:04 -0400

Terry,
    First and foremost, trust the response from Mark far more than this one from
me. Make sure that the size tip/nozzle and air cap are exactly what Mark posted
earlier. Orange peel will all but disappear. Is yours a conversion gun? I'm
happy with my turbine unit and know nothing about pressures required from a
compressor. I understand that at least a 5 HP compressor is needed to keep up
but, again, I will defer to Mark and other on this.
    Sanding through the orange peel is indeed very tough and time consuming, and
dangerous. I have been doing it for quite a while now trying to get a
satisfactory job done. Not fun at all!!!
    As for the large panels, I like to lean them against the wall vertically. I
turn them around every couple of coats waiting about 2 hrs or so for the last
coat to dry before I do. I haven't had any trouble yet. Even when I was
unknowingly spraying great gobs of liquid out of my wrongly orificed gun. It
was, however, prone to drip that way :-( I prefer not to hold the gun
horizontally if I can avoid it. I had such trouble with the soundboard because
it was prone to spit. Luckily OPSL flows quite well.
    Did I miss anything?

Cheers!

Greg