Haunted House....and cleaning fees

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:49:14 -0400

Corey,
    I think that maybe the time you took can't be charged for in full because it
took so long directly due to your inexperience. That's not your customers fault
and they shouldn't be penalized for it. I can't remember if it's ever taken me
more than an hour to clean any piano. Poll the other on this list or use Newton's
time guide available from the home office to determine a fair amount of time for
the work. Charge that multiple of your hourly rate and you now have a fair rate
for your efforts.
    Next time I suggest actually removing everything, fallboard, music desk,
action, keys etc., cleaning as you go and you won't need any fancy attachments.
Just a crevice tool works great for me. Sometimes the upholstery brush is helpful
too. Happy client building!

Greg

--
Greg Newell