Tuneoff challenge

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:45:31 -0500

Hi Ric, Now each piano will need about two days work just to get them
matched,
since voicing and regulation will effect the timbre and stretch of each
instrument.
Well thats only about 10days work, Now add tuning all to the same curve, that
could be another couple of days to get them all stable.   Then get 2 RPT's to
agree, mmmmmmmm  allow another week.
Then detune all exactly the same, ops! another two days.   Well after about a
month, given stable climate conditions, we could perhaps have a level playing
field.
Now I jump into my bomb shelter.  Flame suit and tin hat on.
<G>   Roger