Hurricane Andrew piano?

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 09:21:29 -0400

Phil,

Rant to follow!

The restaurant is NOT a victim. Whoever is responsible for the actual
purchase is an adult, right? Is in a so-called responsible position, right?
Well, doesn't it stand to reason it was that person's RESPONSIBILITY to
check out the purchase BEFORE buying?

I highly suspect that it was just another "deal" whereby the restaurant
wanted the moon but was willing to pay for a speck of dirt. I highly suspect
that those who have had to play that piano have complained about it since
day one! I highly suspect the restaurant is very aware of its condition.
Their position probably is: They have a beautiful piece of furniture that
makes a sound....why is the piano player complaining, the customers aren't.
(This is why I don't tune for restaurants anymore!)

We technicians are NOT responsible for the mistakes of others. We can, and
should imho, inform the owner(s) - be it restaurant, school, individual,
whoever - of the current condition of the piano. If the owner wants to seek
recompense, it is THEIR responsibility, not ours.

Caveat Emptor!

End of rant. Thank you for letting me vent. ;-)

Gina

PS I'm sorry your hands hurt, but why did you continue to play for four
hours?????