Killer Octave

Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:59:04 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <drose@dlcwest.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 08, 2001 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: Killer Octave

> Hi Ron,
>
> If the problem *is* lack of stiffeness and the piano is out of warrantee,
> would the car spring approach be an option? Or is a new board the only
> possible fix?

I don't think there is anywhere near enough experience out there to answer
this question. I guess in certain situations I would try it. A relatively
new piano, all else working well, etc. The problem is that I'd not want to
do it for free and I couldn't get the desired results I'd feel some odd
about charging and then telling Mr. Jones that his piano still needed a new
soundboard. Whereas I know the new, redesigned, soundboard works.

Del