Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer - for Del

Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:14:25 -0400

Hi Del -

I understand your sentiment, but you may have missed all the references
to that product in the text as "PSL"  - (Premium Spray Lacquer).   It is,
to my knowledge, the only water-based lacquer sporting 100% burn-in as
one of it's attributes, much like nitrocellulose lacquer.  The company
that produces the product refers to it as PSL and we have followed suit.
Sorry for the confusion.

Of course, talking about spraying ANY finish naturally leads to questions
about openings and orifices and equipment and PSI and the ever present
danger...... orange peel.    Spraying water-based stuff seems to only
heighten the suspense and the consternation, hence the tendency to focus
on that part of the issue.

Despite well over 10 years of science, the water-based finishes are still
in a learning curve.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com