Killer Octave - Warranty Issue?

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 19:33:10 -0500

>...to volunteer    information that was not asked for,
>especially on a new instrument, is not    warranted...
>But again, only if the customer complains. Other wise, it is best not to say
>anything.
>Willem

Wim, List,

I have to concur with your thoughts and your assessment.

The very thing that one feels is a problem might be the very thing that the
customer liked about the product when making the purchase, or at the very
least, did not even notice at all as being relevant.

The last thing I would want is some person, service or otherwise, telling
me that I made a possible unsatisfactory purchase because of a perceived
defect by them, especially after consciously spending a serious amount of
dollars and time shopping for it.

False beats in the treble area are not a high crime.  There are many pianos
that have that phenomena, and in some cases, these false beats blend in
quite satisfactorily as long as there is a consistency overall in the area
affected.

I consider it part of the job to attempt to make the best of a situation
and not criticize others' personal property, regardless of its seeming
condition through one's own eyes and experience.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild