Haunted House....and cleaning fees

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 23:03:01 -0400

Bill,
    On the surface your comments seem palatable. If I, however, attempt to apply
them to my present experience of refinishing it would seem that you suggest that
I should be billing the customer for all those spraying efforts that resulted in
orange peel that I had to sand back down. I tell you no one would ever pay for
the time I have into that! I don't mind paying for education when my time is out
of line with the norms for a given job. Taking a little less money only prods me
to learn how to be more knowledgeable and efficient next time. I am talking
about extremes here. In the case of the cleaning, I believe 4 hours is too much.
I would not want to be on the receiving end of that bill if billed for the total
time involved. Just my 2 cents.

Greg

--
Greg Newell