Solvents,Lubricants.

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 04:34:38 -0500

Hi Dan,
           Get yourself a 10cc syringe, and a spinal tap needle, ( Big
sucker about 4 1/2" long) You have to go to a medical supply company to get
them. It reaches the butt flanges nicely on verticals, with out action
removal.  You will soon learn to control it one drip at a time.   Gets the
stuff where you want it, with minimal over spill.  I have had a few too
many recalls with Protec, and none with the silicon/naphtha.  A 4 oz can of
silicon will last most techs for several years.
Aerosol cans of silicone, has no place in piano work in my book, ranks
right in there with WD40. I'm with Newton on this one.
Roger