Schimmel/Tight Renner shammer flange centers

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:28:09 -0600

Hi Patrick,

I would suggest telfon powder burnished into the knuckles. Consider alcohol
and water for flange treatment. I doubt a dc system will solve tight
flanges. You could use a heat gun to see if that helped.

At 09:48 AM 09/09/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear List:
>I have a customer with a recent (approx. 5 years old) 6' 10" Schimmel
>grand. They've been resistant to suggestions about climate control
>but one of their sons is pretty serious about piano, so he's
>complaining to the parents (not just me) about the heavy touch. It
>hadn't seemed too bad earlier, but after a summer with a very
>pronounced heat wave/extreme humidity, the downweight is very high
>(70 g), and individual hammers only swing 1-2 times on the swing
>test.

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/