Killer Octave

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 06:33:08 +1000

Don wrote;

>One of the nicest "cheapo" grands I have seen is a Young Chang 200 cm.
>(G-200) It has a Steinway style "bell" at the treble end and each three
>string unison has one looped and one tied string. It sounds great, and I'd
>buy it in a "flash".
>
>Of course--it is no longer made. Why would they want to have a success eh?
>*grin*

It's always interesting to come across the odd commercial grade
piano, which in spite of its heritage, defies the odds to produce
good tone.

Loop and eye stringing is an excellent system, since it allows for
the maintenance of uniform (parallel) backlength string angles for
each unison group, at a cheaper cost than individual eye stringing.

Does anybody know if the G200 had a heavier hitch plate than
Yamaha/Steinway type plate weights? If the plate were heavy enough,
the bell might be an unnecessary appendage.

Ron O
--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au
Email:        mailto:ron@overspianos.com.au