Killer Octave - Warranty Issue?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 06:58:08 -0400

Friends,

I haven't followed this thread closely, but the original piano in question was a new
inexpensive grand with a really bad killer octave and many false beats, if I remember
correctly.  Has anyone mentioned this?  Does it follow that if a client buys a cheap
piano it all comes back to "you get what you pay for"?  There might be any number of
things we would consider a warranty problem in a fine piano, but not in a cheap one.
True or not?

We might think a manufacturer of anything shouldn't make inferior merchandise,
period.  But as long as there's a market for it, it'll be out there.

Regards,
Clyde