Tuneoff challenge

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:23:49 EDT

Moody writes:

<< With this accuracy I would think machines might have an edge over the
ear tuning unisons.  Yet it is often said the machine is not used to tune
unisons. I wonder why?  >>

Greetings,
   I use my machine on ALL my trichords, but only the two outside strings.
Then the middle string is placed aurally.  I now know that I am a "Weinreich"
tuner, in that I am paying attention to the phasing of the three.  The
aurally set middle string is not always stopping the lights by itself, but
the overall effect is one of clarity and sustain.  I find this the quickest
way to get even sounding unisons.
    Some notes occasionally don't sound fine, so I begin listening to
individual strings, but they are the exception.
Regards,
Ed Foote