Computer Player Systems

philromano@attglobal.net philromano@attglobal.net
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:15:18 -0400

I'm a big fan of the PianoDisc. However, I've been told that the =
ConcertMaster is actually the better system.  I don't know about Wims =
remarks regarding Baldwin refusing to sell the unit for any other =
brands. I do know that they won't warrantee the units unless they are =
installed on a Baldwin product.=20

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach, SC

From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:16 PM
  Subject: Re: Computer Player Systems

  In a message dated 9/10/01 6:10:26 PM Central Daylight Time,=20
  JTTUNER@webtv.net writes:=20

    I have a customer who owns a Steinway A (l940) and would like to =
have=20
    one of the computer player systems installed.  He asked me which one =

    would be best and I was unable to answer his question (QRS, =
Pianodisk,=20
    etc.).  Can someone advise?  Thanks=20

  From what I have been told, Pianodisc is a better system than =
Pianomation,=20
  made by QRS. The other system, Concertmaster, by Baldwin, can only be=20
  installed on a Baldwin piano. (There is nothing physically preventing =
this,=20
  but rather a company policy. They won't sell the unit if they know it =
will be=20
  installed in a piano other than a Baldwin.)=20

  Willem=20