Bridge Repairs ?

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:12:19 +0200

Giminees... I hadnt expected so many responses and back and forths on this
query... I guess what caught my attention was the basic idea. I wonder what one
could actually do with it if you could get a really nicely made product, and
installed such that correct downbearing was acheived etc. Ok... you would have
strings on a metal bridge cap... no problems with the wood cap getting groved or
indented.... but perhaps the metal "cap" would deliver different qualities
relative to loudness, sustain and the rest...

Might be fun to see what one could actually do with the idea if one was to go
full out deluxe quality attempt... just musing dont you know... :)

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway
mailto:rbrekne@broadpark.no