V WoW

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:06:34 -0600

Hi All,
The recent postings about the Verituner 100 got me very curious about if =
the product was as good as the hype in the ads.=20
SSSSoooooo I ordered one and today tried it out on one of my worst =
pianos.
A Kimball spinet that I tune 4 times a year and am never really totally =
satisfied with the results.
While I am still not totally pleased with the sound of the low bass and =
perhaps never will be LOL, the top seven octaves sound marvelous.
The piano was overall 15 cents sharp.
I first tuned all A's , A0 through A7
Tuned the wound strings and then went back and tuned the bass starting =
on A0 and by 1/2 step went to the top
Along the way made several checks back over the previous notes tuned and =
the auto note switch went to the octave and note being played.
A positive fuction for me was the cents readout in the upper left corner =
that gives constant readout of the sharpness or flatness of the note =
being tuned. using this enabled me to tune above or below the pitch as =
the piano warrented.
Drawbacks:
The auto advance is slightly slower than the SATlll but not a problem =
when tuning as it is there when you need to look.
The size is almost twice that of my SATlll so it would require making =
other arrangements for transport of the tuner.
Battery life about one to two days before recharge as opposed to two to =
three weeks.
While very sturdily built I think it would not bounce as high as my =
other unit without damage.
As the instruction manual said, the auto advance does not always work in =
the very low bass and the top 4 or 5 notes depending on false beats for =
sure.
But WOW   very high quality tuning device.=20
 Just out of the box and no real insight to what all this puppy can do., =
but knowing this tool is what may let me do a better job tuning and =
perhaps voicing.
More demanding for me to stop the cross hairs that show sharp or flat/
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com