Additional value for an autographed piano???

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:56:58 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/01 1:04:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
FIXPIANOS@AOL.COM writes:

> My customer wants to sell her Baldwin M. It was once owned by opera star
> Lily
> Pons and has her autograph on the plate. She has no sales receipt or other
> documentation to verify this (although I personally don't doubt her).
>
> I believe the piano to be worth around $6K WITHOUT the autograph. It's in
> good shape and well maintained, thanks to yours truly (ahem!!!). What
> should
> I add to the value of this piano (if anything) for the signature?
>
> Thanks..............Donn Young, RPT

Donn
Not to be snide, but to give you an idea of how much the autograph is worth,
who is Lily Pons?

In other words, unless whoever wants to buy the piano knows who Lily Pons is,
it won't add any value to the piano.

Willem