Additional value for an autographed piano???

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:43:59 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: VOCE88@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: September 13, 2001 5:34 AM
  Subject: Re: Additional value for an autographed piano???

  I don't doubt what your customer is saying, but I have an old Music =
Trade=20
  article in which Ms. Pons declares her eternal love for her Knabe =
grand.=20

  Of course, she could have had more than one, but why sign your own =
piano?=20
  Thats more like something a star would do when visiting somewhere =
else, I=20
  would think.=20

  Oh well, it will increase its value to a Pons fan, certainly.=20

  Richard Galassini=20
  Cunningham Piano Co & Factory=20
  Philadelphia, Pa.=20
  (800) 394-1117=20
  http://voce88.tripod.com/richspianopage/=20
-----

More likely she would have signed the piano while on tour at the request =
of the piano owner. This happens from time to time if an artist is set =
up to rehearse at the home or studio of a local patron or supporter. It =
may be that she especially liked the piano but, more likely, it would =
have been a simple courtesy.=20

Few successful artists can afford to bite the hands that feed them for =
long and this sort of thing makes everybody feel good and costs very =
little. In one case I know of, an artist--also a singer, I don't =
remember who just now--signed a Whitney spinet. Probably not because of =
its great musical capabilities.

Del