September 11, 2001

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:40:05 -0700

List,
As I sit in front of my computer, late for my first appointment of the day,
I search for the words that I need to get out. Please excuse the rant, but,
like many others, I need to get it out. My mood, the last few days, has been
wild swings between barely controllable rage to barely controllable sorrow.
I'm sure that many of you are experiencing the same.
I have on my sleeve a 1/2" BLACK strip of action cloth. It is tied in a
square note, (not some sissy bow). This symbolizes, to me, the sorrow I feel
and the resolve that I have. The Felt symbolizes the fact that, without it
our dearly beloved pianos would not have life or beauty. It's color
symbolizes my grief and my rage. I will continue to wear it until every last
S.O.B. that had anything to do with this horrible event, has been
annihilated. (not "brought to justice" as the doves have suggested. They do
not deserve the courtesy/right of JUSTICE).
Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)