Dont know what to say

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:52:23 -0700 (PDT)

I can appreciate many of the thoughts and
feelings being expressed, from the sadness to the
anger, from the side of us that wants to help the
hurting to the side of us that wants to harm the
ones that did this.

I like what I heard "Stormin' Norman" say
yesterday, something to the effect that our
response should be "surgical" in nature.

I wish no ill will on innocent people, regardless
of race or religion.  But I have no tolerance in
my heart for those who have done this.  As far as
I am concerned, they should be hunted down like
rabid dogs and executed.

There are precious few options when faced with
people who's objective in life is to take as many
lives as they can.  Kill or be killed is not a
fun position to be in, but I fear that very thing
is becoming more a reality with each passing day.

Unfortunately, the days of "he who has the
biggest bomb wins" is pretty much over.  The
strength of our military had no effect on the
ability of these people to do some significant
damage.  (As bad as it was, it could have been
worse!)  It's definitely a time when our leaders
will have to evaluate carefully the steps that
must be taken in the future because what worked
in the past won't necessarily work in the future.

It gets complicated, doesn't it?

(Probably said too much already...)

My opinion only.

Brian