I am frightened

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:22:20 -0500

Newton Hunt wrote:

> In his first six months in office President Bush did the following, and up to
> almost 70 other "protections" were removed.  And we expect this guy to fight for
> out liberty?

Beware what the media reports.  No budgets have been "cut" in any of these
programs.  In some cases Mr. Bush has NOT approved increases to certain programs.
Programs often see certain amounts of increases each year.  Not adding to programs
does not equal a "cut" as the media likes to report.  Also- the budget is determined
by both the President and Congress.  NONE of these items can be "cut" without
Congressional approval- it is beyond presidential powers.  He can only sign or veto.

This is NOT at time to be bashing our President on partisan issues.  We are at war
and in a crisis.  Do not be "frightened".  Your government is awake, alive, and
well, 24/365.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV