After the Day of Remembrance

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:32:37 -0400

At 4:00 PM -0500 9/14/01, Kent Swafford wrote:
>As a piano technician, I have to admit that some of the most moving moments
>for me this week have come at the times when piano music has been used both
>to bring comfort and to express the unspeakable grief America is feeling. It
>is just a reminder that everyone has a role to play, not the least of which
>are we piano technicians. Let us play our roles proudly.

I was very close to mentioning that but felt self-conscious about
seeming to sound like an advertisement of the piano for the entire
list. I certainly responded to the frequent sound of piano on the
radio this week.

Aren't we lucky.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A man who tells the truth is bound to be found out sooner or later."
     ...........Uncle Harry in "The Tailor of Panama"