some thoughts on the attacks

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:55:58 -0700

Dale,

Apparently I am failing to make myself understood.  I am not talking
about offering love and understanding or even reason and logic to
terrorists.  I am talking about solving the problem rather than just
reacting to it.  I am talking about using reason and logic to understand
the problem and about recognizing that our foreign policy played a large
role in creating Osama Bin Laden.  If we succeed in ridding the world of
this person, there will be plenty to take his place unless we address
the problem that created him in the first place.

I think it is the very opposite of cynicism to suggest that we try to
learn something from this horror, but I admit that I have a habit of
saying things that people don't like to hear.

Paul Larudee

Insanity is insanity, religious or otherwise.  However, religion is
often used to horrible ends.  Remember Jim Jones?  Remember the Japanese
cult and their poison gas?