some thoughts on the attacks

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:00:57 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: larudee@pacbell.net=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: some thoughts on the attacks

  Carl Meyer wrote:=20
      We should not even attempt to satisfy Bin Laden.  We should make =
him unable to find recruits by assuring that U.S. foreign policy is not =
the cause of despair for billions of people.=20
      Paul Larudee=20

      Assurances will not placate them

  To assure =3D to make sure that, not to reassure.  So you think that =
we should continue to maintain the alliance between greedy U.S. =
companies and corrupt rulers in Indonesia, China, Saudi Arabia, Latin =
America, Africa, etc., so that women and children are forced to work 70 =
hour weeks in dangerous conditions for pennies per hour?  That we should =
provide these rulers with sufficient arms to prevent their people from =
rising out of oppression?  That this has nothing to do with their =
sentiments toward America?=20

  The Palestinians want to push the Israelis into the sea and the =
Israelis want to push the Palestinians into the sea.  Which side is =
succeeding?  Which side are we helping to make the other disappear?  You =
think their resentment is due to jealousy?=20

  Paul=20

  Gosh, Paul, my short term memory must be getting worse.  I just don't =
remember making any of those claims.

  Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
  Santa Clara, California
  cmpiano@home.com =20