re The unthinkable can/did happen

Robin Stevens pianotun@pirie.gulf.net.au
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:01:56 +0930

List .
I know that I am late with this post but being away the last week I have
been unable contact the list.

Firstly I would like to offer my sincere condolences to all the people who
have lost loved ones in this unthinkable act of terrorism.

I know that all my Australian colleagues share with me the grief you suffer.

Below is a short piece that was given to me on that terrible day....

Robin Stevens
Port Pirie South Australia
pianotun@pirie.gulf.net.au

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old
again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with
rocks.

I want to think M&M's are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends
on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a Life when life was simple; When all you knew were
colours, multiplication tables,and nursery rhymes, but that  didn't bother
you,because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the
things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.I want to be oblivious to the
complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.