basic construction

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 05:42:06 -0600

to Kevin Riggs:
<Hi folks!
 After the events of the past week I could use a nice distraction.
And since I love music and pianos, why not a piano related topic?
Are there any good books out there that give basic information
for a neophyte piano technician on simple things concerning piano
design and construction?>
    The book "Theory And Practice of Piano Construction" by William B.
White, 1975, Dover Publications (originally "Theory and Practice of
Pianoforte Building", 1906)  is interesting and worthwhile reading for any
technician and probably most of it still holds true today.  But you won't
find answers to your other questions about the specifics of
icing.   --Dave Nereson, RPT, Denver