attacks on the U.S.

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:38:40 -0700

Ari,

How about if we attach strings to aid to friendly countries like
Israel?  Like not annexing territory that is not theirs.  Like not
building settlements in territory that's not theirs?  Like not blowing
up houses of "suspected" terrorists and then not issuing building
permits to allow them to rebuild at their own expense?  Like taking the
water from conquered territories and letting the inhabitants' fields dry
up?  Like assassinating "suspects" (and bystanders) without due process?

What's the difference between blowing up Palestinians with U.S. weapons
and blowing up Israelis with suicide bombers?  Answer:  almost ten times
as many Palestinians die from such attacks, in total.  We feel sympathy
for our brother Israelis afflicted with the scourge of terrorism but
where is the sympathy for the Palestinians when Israeli terrorism
strikes with even greater force?

We already have strings on U.S. aid to Israel that we are not
enforcing.  One is the law that prevents aid to countries that possess
nuclear weapons.  That's why there is no aid to India and why aid was
cut off to Pakistan.  In order to continue aid to Israel, the U.S.
government has to certify that Israel has not developed nuclear
weapons.  Who are we kidding?

So tell me again why the Palestinians resent the U.S.

Paul Larudee