bats

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:51:02 -0500

Something interesting happened to me during a tuning last week. It was the
first tuning of the day, and my second brain cell hadn't kicked in yet, so
I was even less alert than usual. After the opening banter with the owner,
I had strip muted the piano, struck my fork, and had it to my ear when she
walked past just behind me. Waw-aow-weow-wuh-wa-wa! Wow, now that was
interesting. Doppler shifted echoes from my fork bouncing off a moving
person. I had never had that happen before with a tuning fork. I've played
around with an Accu Fork like this, and noticed it in churches with the
organ, but folks usually stand around very still, have hidden in a remote
part of the house, or are off to find the vacuum cleaner as I start tuning,
so I hadn't noticed it with the fork before.

I know, I'm easily entertained.

Ron N