bats

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:43:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/01 12:34:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com (Ron Nossaman) writes:

> I had strip muted the piano, struck my fork, and had it to my ear when she
> walked past just behind me. Waw-aow-weow-wuh-wa-wa! Wow, now that was
> interesting. Doppler shifted echoes from my fork bouncing off a moving
> person.

It seems to me that it is this same Doppler effect that occurs when there is
a ceiling fan running near the piano. This is another example of how to fix a
piano that "went right out of tune that afternoon" over the phone. If the
customer says the piano has a strange, "quivering" sound or anything about
strange tone or being suddenly out of tune, be sure to ask if there is a
ceiling fan running.  I've gone on enough service calls to ask that question
first.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin