Fw: An Afghan American's point of view

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:30:17 -0500

At 07:38 AM 9/18/01 -0700, you wrote:

>>     millions would die, not just theirs but ours.
>> Who has the belly for that?
>>     Bin Laden does. Anyone else? Tamim Ansary

Hi Bob,
            Now is the time of opportunity,  the first thing is to get the
United Nations to work for the global common good.  No easy task I know.
Any Nation's Unilateral action in going after these criminals, will meet
with failure, unless there is global support for the how and when.
   The world needs to see the UN working.  A good start would be to enforce
the resolution with regards to the West Bank, and Gaza. We have to be seen
to be fair.  Resolutions are for all.
   We sure do not want to see the steady stream of body bags, that was
witnessed on the news during the Viet Nam conflict.
   The West needs to go into Afganistan (By invitation) and build some good
will with the goverment there, by helping to build some infractructure, for
the moderates.  That way we gain some allies in the region.  Lets learn
from the mistakes of the past.
   Communisum was halted by the British in Malaya with this approach,  look
at the country today.  Viet Nam used the the bomb every thing in sight
approach.   We all should remember the outcome and learn.
   In the process of raising some standards of living for the general
population,  there will be a changing of attitudes towards the west.
Health, food, shelter, and security to live, is a Universal human need.
Once you remove these basics, it is easy to use hate in any form as a
rallying point.   In Malaya, the Communist stole rice and lived off the
backs of the rural population,  the British dug wells and built bridges.
They won the hearts and minds of the masses, and the campaign was
successful.   It was slow and long, and not ideal footage for CNN, but it
is the only way.   By this approach the masses will have hope, and see some
light at the end of the tunnel.   They will imform and give valued
intellegence to get rid of the cancer, that haunts their Country.
  My personal feelings is we have to stamp out these animals,  my only
question is how?

Roger