Unstable C5 Grand

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:16:43 +0200

Of course its hard to say for sure without direct experience with a piano. But I
find often enough on newer C series grands a tendency towards a kind of
falseness that makes me want to "overwork" this exact area when tuning. Trying
too hard to make unisons come clean can cause your problem for sure. If you find
that this rings a bell so to speak, then try and see if you can identify and
alleviate some of the problem with the falseness first. I actually replaced a
whole section of strings around the capo bar, pulling bridge pins and replaceing
with the help of a drop of epoxy on a 2 year old C6 this spring. Cured the whole
problem.

Otherwise, overbright  voicing can exhasperate this kind of problem.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.