Vallotti temperament

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:19:35 -0600

List:  I am coming to you because of the fantastic power that is in our
accumulated knowledge.  A quartet is going to be performing here in early
October.  They have requested a 2 manual harpsichord preferably tuned
using the Vallotti temperament - ET is acceptable.  Anyway, can someone
tell me how to go about doing that.  I do have an ETD ( Hale's digital ),
but, as I am sure you know, that machine is only good for ET.
I am unfamiliar with that particular requested temperament so I do not
know how to do it aurally.  If some of you could respond both to the
aural as well as ETD method of  tuning a Vallotti temperament I would be
more than thankful.
Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.