Fw: An Afghan American's point of view

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:41:33 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <JIMRPT@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 18, 2001 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: An Afghan American's point of view

> In a message dated 18/09/01 1:36:44 PM, baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:
>
> << Viet Nam used the the bomb every thing in sight
> approach.   We all should remember the outcome and learn. >>
>
> "Bomb everything in sight approach"? Hardly Roger the ROE did not allow
this
> to happen and we paid dearly for it with American lives......you should
know
> better. The truth of the matter is that it wasn't until we did "bomb
> everything in sight", in Hanoi and Haiphong, that NVN became serious about
> Paris Peace talks..that took exactly 'eleven' days.

So why did I spend nine months in Thailand working 12 to 16 hours a day on
the ECM gear that kept most of our B-52s in a missile-free zone while
literally hundreds of them were launched every day, seven days a week,
loaded both internally and externally with everything the aircraft could
physically carry? My memory may not be what it used to be but I think most
of these bombers were headed for targets in both North and South Vietnam.

It sure seemed a lot longer than 11 days and thinking back on the debriefing
photos it sure seemed like they were bombing everything in sight....

Del