1 string, 2 strings, 3 strings or more

Kevin S. Riggs lobeliac@ipass.net
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:09:44 -0400

Ron,
I do have a piano I can abuse some and I might do some spectral analysis
on that test. I know it will change from experience. However I want to
know how it changes. Seems like adding a string would give the same
effect as having a lower soundboard impedance (by increasing the string
impedance) so the attack would increase and the sustain would decrease.

As far as the wading into the info available, I think I'm at chest
already. I have been scouring the archives for weeks. Have read as many
of Del's articles as I can find on the 20 years CD (as well as taken
several of his classes at conventions). Have on order Mcferrin's
"The Piano - Its Acoustics" and Wolfenden's "A Treatise on the Art of
Pianoforte Construction". As well as Reblitz and a few other of the
standards.
And I think I already been confused into harmlessness. Of course that
should go away as soon as I start making a stack of loaded soundboard
jigs to start some "speramentin" with some steel and wood and felt.

Thanks for making the thread interesting folks!

Kevin S. Riggs
Associate, RTP NC chapter