Designer Grand Action Transporter

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:22:08 -0700

    Good tip, Diane. However, I just bought a nice table, 26" by 48" at =
Costco, here in Arizona. Cost me $35. It's sturdy, has locking legs, and =
it's so light weight, I can carry it with one hand. It's got a two inch =
thick table top that won't warp, and is perfectly flat. See you and =
raise you two chips.

    Arrgh! Now I suppose you're going to want to know the name of the =
company. Well, of course, I tossed the card right after I bought it, but =
I can always go back to Costco and get the info for you. Let me know, =
and I'll do it for the list.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Diane Hofstetter=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 11:32 PM
  Subject: Designer Grand Action Transporter

  Martha Stewart to the  rescue again!  Do you, like me, hate lugging =
grand actions around?  Martha has designed the perfect grand action =
transporter. =20

  I can pull the action out of the piano onto it, work on the  action =
right there, wheel it over to my bench and slide it onto the bench, =
wheel it out to the car and slide it into the back of my station wagon.  =
It even goes up and down steps.

  Who would have thought Martha Stewart was looking out for us =
pianotechs?

  I found it in K-Mart, just sitting there waiting for me.  The ones =
that had been there the week before were all sold and this new load was =
just perfect.  It's extra wide to give the action more support.  Has a =
nice mesh top for straps to hold the action securely when wheeling it =
like a truck-dolly up or down steps or across rough terrain.  It's =
adjustable to different heights.

  It was only $65 plus another $20 or so for the wheels, hardware and =
straps.  You could probably buy a used one for very little outlay.=20

   I knew it would work because a couple of months ago, when I had to =
bring a Steinway O action home a couple of times, I was desperate for =
help in lugging it around and had tried my home ironing board and it =
worked quite well even without the wheels (but it couldn't go up and =
down the customer's steps without the wheels).

  Fun!

  Diane

  Diane Hofstetter=20
  245-M Mount Hermon Rd.#343=20