Designer Grand Action Transporter

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:44:59 -0400

I got a golf bag cart from goodwill for $6. Modified the base to put a =
straight edge and a lip on it (wood). Now I can carry an action safetly =
out of a home/institution, down stairs, through doors, over rocks, =
through sand traps, over woodchuck holes, through small streams, over =
the mountain and through the woods. Folds tiny, well, er, a, like a golf =
cart! See you and raise you three chips! (Of course, it does make quite =
a loud noise when you drop the action from the keybed to the cart below =
- guess I could try lifting it to the cart! ;-)

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Diane Hofstetter=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 3:01 AM
  Subject: Re: Designer Grand Action Transporter

  > Good tip, Diane. However, I just bought a nice table, 26" by 48" at =
Costco, here in Arizona. Cost me $35. It's sturdy, has locking legs, and =
it's so light weight, I can carry it with one hand. It's got a two inch =
thick table top that won't warp, and is perfectly flat. See you and =
raise you two chips.=20
  Sounds like a great table Kevin!  I will have to go to Costco and have =
a look; tables like that can have many uses. =20

  However, is the height adjustable?  Does it go up and down stairs =
(while carrying the action for you)? =20

  Of course, for a strong young buck like you, that's not important.  =
Now as for me,  I don't want to ever have to carry a grand action alone =
again!=20

  Diane

  >=20
  > Arrgh! Now I suppose you're going to want to know the name of the =
company. Well, of course, I tossed the card right after I bought it, but =
I can always go back to Costco and get the info for you. Let me know, =
and I'll do it for the list.=20
  >=20
  >=20
  >=20
  >=20
  > ----- Original Message -----=20
grand actions around? Martha has designed the perfect grand action =
transporter.=20
  >=20
  > I can pull the action out of the piano onto it, work on the action =
right there, wheel it over to my bench and slide it onto the bench, =
wheel it out to the car and slide it into the back of my station wagon. =
It even goes up and down steps.=20
  >=20
  > Who would have thought Martha Stewart was looking out for us =
pianotechs?=20
  >=20
  > I found it in K-Mart, just sitting there waiting for me. The ones =
that had been there the week before were all sold and this new load was =
just perfect. It's extra wide to give the action more support. Has a =
nice mesh top for straps to hold the action securely when wheeling it =
like a truck-dolly up or down steps or across rough terrain. It's =
adjustable to different heights.=20
  >=20
  > It was only $65 plus another $20 or so for the wheels, hardware and =
straps. You could probably buy a used one for very little outlay.=20
  >=20
  > I knew it would work because a couple of months ago, when I had to =
bring a Steinway O action home a couple of times, I was desperate for =
help in lugging it around and had tried my home ironing board and it =
worked quite well even without the wheels (but it couldn't go up and =
down the customer's steps without the wheels).=20
  =