Vietnam War or Conflict? (was Re: Fw: An Afghan American's point of view

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:24:08 -0500

>...it was
>still what it was.
>PR-J

Paul, List,

These six words of yours are certainly true, Paul, but if you will
carefully reread the pertinent areas of the posts of Jim B and Don R, you
will discover that was not what was being addressed.

Winning a war was the issue.

>...'if' a war is to be fought it
be fought to win and not to solely satisfy some nebulous political goal..."
>Jim B, Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:17:02 EDT

>...So the USA won in Vietnam?...
>Don R, Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:06:51 -0600

>"... nothing I said indicated that the US "won"..."
>Jim B, Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:33:36 EDT

Hence, my contribution to this thread was that a war cannot possibly be won
or lost unless it is at least officially declared a war by a
Commander-In-Chief, the supreme commander of all the armed forces of a
nation.

That's all.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician