Noise Levels [was Re: Yamaha "S" Pianos vs. others]

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:14:11 -0400

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Diane Hofstetter=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 2:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Noise Levels [was Re: Yamaha "S" Pianos vs. others]

  >=20
  > I agree with a lot of the people on the list responding to this =
thread.=20
  >I think that as we age, we will find that we have become the most =
deaf=20
  >generation to have ever lived.=20
  > Good thing they're coming out with all those high-tech hearing aids, =
eh?=20
  >=20
  >=20

  Problem is that hearing aids don't work as well as eye  glasses.  They =
can amplify the sound, that is true, but if you have nerve damage (and =
those tiny hairs that get damaged by noise are nerve ends), the hearing =
aids can't straighten out the garbled messages.

  Diane,
  Could you speak a little louder...what did you say...."the speeding =
trains can't straighten out in barbed wire meshes?"
  Tom Servinsky,RPT

  Diane