Quieting Grand Action Noise

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:07:37 -0500

Hi Tom,
            A lot of that noise is probably coming from the keys.   The maple
shoes ( balance rail holes) coming from a damp climate and going to to extreme
dry climate tend to loosen and make a racket.   I size the holes with half
white glue and water, and leave over night for the glue to harden.  Then size
and fit the keys the next day.

Samick products often come from the factory with over sized BR holes.

Regards Roger