Off list-thanks and question

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:40:30 -0500

Hi Diane,
               Part 1, the politics.   I agree with you that America will be
truly a great Nation if they go after these monsters in a rational and
determined manner.   How ever I am not so sure that it is possible.   The
insatiable demand for blood,  photo ops when being tough,   the glamorization
of disasters by the media.  Example, 10-50,000 missing when there was 5,000.
Unfortunately if Bush does not do some thing, harsh and quickly, the media
will
turn on him like a pack of hounds.
The perpetrators of these gross exaggerations,  should be prosecuted for
fomenting mass hysteria.   It is counter productive for both our Nations.

Now off my soap box.

You will be OK with the Yamaha damper sewn felt,  with some added benefits.
1.  It has superior damping traits.   2.  Half peddling results are
dramatically improved, and has more colour.   3. The node question,  is
relevant from the tenor down,  I have not encountered a problem in the
treble.

The last Steinway O that I rebuilt.   Used sewn felt killer octave up,  and
tricord and sewn down to mid E.    This was done to gain half peddling results
further down the register,  with out compromising fast shut down.

When rebuilding Steinway's, I do not agree with their Philosophy of tensioning
the wire through the guide bushing.  I follow my clean and vertical procedure
as published in my articals in the Journal.

Hope this helps.
Be safe.
Roger