too stiff

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:46:18 EDT

In a message dated 19/09/01 11:52:15 PM, davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

<< Why wouldn't rebushing work?  The verdigris, in my experience doesn't

permeate the wood surrounding it.  The question there is whether or not it

is a practical solution.  My answer has generally been no.

The 'common knowledge' answer is that it 'might'......... the flip side of
the answer is that if the origin of what caused the verdigris to begin with
is in the flange and not in the bushing cloth, per-se, that the vedigris will
just come right back............Think inappropiate lubricants/waxed flanges,
etc.
 The reason that verdigris does not permeate the wood around it is that the
chemical/electrical catalyst(?) of verdigris occurs only at the brass/felt
interface.....however in some really bad examples of verdigris I have found
traces of vedigris within the wood portion of the flange
Jim Bryant (FL)